Joining is Easy!
To join the pack, simply click the "Contact Our Pack" link at the top of this page.
You may also show up to one of our monthly Pack Meetings at Canton United Methodist Church. We meet from 6:00 - 7:00 on the 3rd Tuesday of every month (unless there's a holiday).
If you would like you can email Melinda Conant at email@example.com.
What should you expect when joining?
Boys and girls who join a Cub Scout pack are assigned to a den, usually a group of six to eight boys or girls of their same age group. This is made up of the following:
- Lion - Kindergarten or must be 5 years old by September 30th
- Tiger Cubs - 1st Grade or 7 years old
- Wolf - 2nd Grade or 8 years old
- Bear - 3rd Grade or 9 years old
- Webelos - 4th and 5th Grade 10 - 11 1/2 years old
Pack Requirement Steps
A youth application form needs to be filled out for every boy and girl joining. Adult applications are also available if parents are interested in being a leader in the pack. We have both at our meetings.
To register your child for Cub Scouts, the Longhouse Council charges $69. Checks or Money Orders can be made payable to "Longhouse Council BSA". Our Charter Year runs from April 1 to March 31 yearly. The dues is pro-rated for each month for those who sign up after our re-charter. Your application and money will be sent in to council as soon as it is received.
3. What to buy once you join:
- Book - Den specific handbooks are available at the scout shop and are needed for your child. They include all requirements needed to attain the badge for the respective den that they are in (i.e. Tiger, Wolf, Bear, or Webelos). This is our textbook and is required for all boys and girls.
- Uniform - Every scout needs a uniform and they can be purchased from the scout shop in Syracuse, NY or online at scoutstuff.org. You may also get a used uniform from Ebay or a friend/neighbor. Listed below are the ONLY things we require for Pack 11.
- Before you go out and buy anything, please wait until after attending your first pack meeting.
- Scout uniform shirt (get a size or two larger than what your child wears to ensure 3 years worth of scouting or until they move to Webelos). All cub scouts wear the blue shirt and Webelos wear the tan shirt. The tan shirt is the same one that is worn by the Boys Scouts so they can use this shirt for the rest of their scouting career as long as it fits.
- The shirt will need a few patches and emblems to get started that identify our Pack, the local council we belong to and what den level the boy is in.
- Council Patch or "strip" - Our pack is part of the "Longhouse Council". You will need an Longhouse Council shoulder patch.
- World Crest
- Pack Number - 11
- Belt & Buckle - There are different buckles for each rank. We suggest you skip the tiger buckle and purchase the cub scout version. They can use this for Tiger through Bear ranks.
- Neckerchief (one for the correct den they are in; Tiger, Wolf, Bear or Webelos)
- Neckerchief slide (one for the correct den they are in; Tiger, Wolf, Bear or Webelos)