We hope this site will help us bring Girl Scouting to more girls in our area as well as help us keep connected with the leaders, parents, and girls currently members of our service unit.
Girl Scouting is unique in these three ways:
The Girl Scout Mission:
Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
What Girl Scouts Do:
Chances are you've heard that girl scouts sell cookies, go camping, earn badges, and make crafts. And while that is true for some, Girl Scouts do much more than that! Girl Scouts can do anything that fall under these guidelines:
- It is an all-girl program.
- It is based on the interests and needs of girls as they grow.
- It is based on the Council Goals and Girl Scout Mission.
- Utilizes the Girl Scout Program Methods;
- Produces measurable outcomes;
- Is accessible to all girls;
- Is age level appropriate; and
- Abides by Safety-Wise Standards.
While the primary means of the Girl Scout program delivery is through a troop or group setting; there are other ways to be a girl scout. A troop or group allows the girls to take on more roles, leadership opportunities, and girl/adult planning. The ideas and philosophies of Girl Scouts remain the same for all age levels and through all pathways.